About the Company
The John Good Group is one of the UK’s leading independent family owned shipping, logistics and corporate travel providers. A key player in the shipping and travel industries since 1833, John Good is the third-party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider of choice to the SME sector. The John Good family remains actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has recently been ranked 16 out of 200 of the highest performing private companies based on international growth in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
Working within the Air Import division of 3PL provider John Good Logistics, as part of a team dealing with import shipments to UK from across the world, predominantly Far East, India, Turkey, Europe.
- Providing fast response times both commercially and operationally
- Generating Import quotations accurately
- Processing jobs utilizing the in-house software system
- Overseas booking
- Dealing with import Customs Entries
- Monitoring of overseas agents through to delivery
- Generating Invoices
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs requirements
- WIPS/ ACCRUALS /DMR Management
- Maintaining and updating operational knowledge and expertise
- All activities undertaking with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions
- Previous experience within air freight with an import bias
- Experience of calculating freight quotations and rate negotiations
- Confident communicator with good organizational skills
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Experience of Cargowise One (CW1) preferred
- Working knowledge of Process Flows
- Experience gained working within an AEO environment.
- Current Dangerous Goods by Air Certificate desirable but not essential
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays excluding Bank Holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk