About the Company
One of the UK’s leading independent shipping and logistics providers, trusted by some of the world’s leading companies, Good Logistics provide freight forwarding by sea, air and road, warehousing, distribution, end-to-end supply chain management, plus liner and port agency services.
Good Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Good Group – a leading family-owned shipping, third party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider. A key player since 1833, The Good family remain actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has been ranked for the last 3 years as one of fastest growing private companies by the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
In this CFSP Operator role you will be responsible for planning container arrivals into the warehouse and trailer departures submitting the relevant HMRC declarations. You will also support the record retention of goods into the warehouse, storage and preparing orders to go out on our internal systems for final delivery to the manufacturing plant. You will report directly into the Warehouse & Distribution Manager.
Working in a busy 24hr warehouse, you will be working within a team up to 5 CFSP operatives. As part of the team working in the office area of our warehouse, adhering to HMRC and company policies, you will play a pivotal role in the transport and warehouse operation. Championing safety and quality as part of your role. Representing Good Logistics at the forefront of our Felixstowe freight & warehousing operation. It is vital you represent the company in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Processing inbound and outbound orders / deliveries.
- Load planning shipments for delivery to clients.
- Preparing Import and Warehouse removal declarations.
- Updating IT systems to ensure accurate stock control.
- Key point of contact for clients.
- Ensure all health and safety regulations within the company are adhered to.
- Maintaining a neat and tidy work area.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to BRC & Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
- Experience of HMRC processes preferable, including CFSP Clearances.
- Experience in dealing with shipping lines and transportation teams.
- Read and write in English.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diligent and punctual.
- Flexibility to work overtime if required.
- Competitive rate of pay for the right candidate
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- Health cash plan and retail discounts (after probation)
How to apply
To apply, please email us your CV, with a covering letter, to HR@johngood.co.uk