About the Company
he John Good Group is one of the UK’s leading independent family owned shipping, logistics and corporate travel providers. A key player in the shipping and travel industries since 1833, John Good is the third-party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider of choice to the SME sector. The John Good family remains actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has recently been ranked 16 out of 200 of the highest performing private companies based on international growth in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
We have an opportunity for a European Trailer Operator, to assist and develop the growth of JGL European trailer department with the main focus on Spanish consolidation, direct loads from the rest of Europe and booking consignments directly with suppliers.
About the Role
The new role holder will assist and develop the growth of JGL European trailer department with the main focus on Spanish consolidation, direct loads from the rest of Europe and booking consignments directly with suppliers.
Reporting to the European Trade Manager and working with the John Good Logistics ‘European Centre of Excellence’ team.
The role will involve working closely with customers on a daily basis, making sure they are fully update throughout the shipment process, as well as working with suppliers to establish competitive rates along with delivering high service levels.
- Receiving jobs, liaise with customers, suppliers, overseas agents, European hauliers etc.
- Providing daily transport solutions for our ever-growing import/export client base
- Selecting suitable suppliers ensuring that price and service are appropriate to our customers’ requirements.
- Negotiating rates and providing client quotations
- Raising invoices in timely manner
- Dealing with European Origins – Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany & Poland
- Managing FTL, LTL movements import and export
- Contacting clients daily making sure they are fully updated throughout the job process.
- Experience in the European TIR trade lanes
- CargoWise One system operator preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong organisational and communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays excluding Bank Holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com