About the Company
One of the UK’s leading independent shipping and logistics providers, trusted by some of the world’s leading companies, John Good Logistics provide freight forwarding by sea, air and road, warehousing, distribution, end-to-end supply chain management, plus liner and port agency services.
John Good Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Good Group – a leading family-owned shipping, third party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider. A key player since 1833, The Good family remain actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has been ranked for the last 3 years as one of fastest growing private companies by the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
Due to the continued growth within the Project department, we are currently looking for an Export Coordinator to work within the Project division and to also help within the general export forwarding sector.
The role sits within the General Forwarding and Project division at the London Gateway office and the department consists of three team members.
The key contacts will be shipping lines and overseas agents as well as obtaining quotes internally from various John Good offices.
- Working within general forwarding and Project forwarding operations.
- Dealing with Ocean, Air and Road freight Exports.
- Liaison with Shipping Lines, Air Carriers and Hauliers with regards to Exporting cargo.
- Liaison with overseas agents, overseas office and UK offices.
- Handling files from start to finish, including quotes, customs clearance and documentation.
- Organising Transport of cargo from customers premises to the Warehouse and ports.
- Dealing with all necessary export documentation.
- Organising customs clearance of goods.
- Inputting export customs entries into system.
- Dealing with any queries that may arise.
- Invoicing customers.
- Making sure all costs are correct and input into system.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working within Ocean freight Exports.
- Knowledge of export customs procedures is essential as well as handling Air/Sea/Road freight exports.
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holidays excluding bank holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk