About the Company
The John Good Group is one of the UK’s leading independent family owned shipping, logistics and corporate travel providers. A key player in the shipping and travel industries since 1833, John Good is the third-party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider of choice to the SME sector. The John Good family remains actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has recently been ranked 16 out of 200 of the highest performing private companies based on international growth in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
We have opportunities for experienced Import Co-ordinators working from our Hull, Felixstowe and Plymouth offices, working within the freight forwarding division of 3PL provider John Good Logistics, as part of a team dealing predominantly with Import shipments to UK from across the world, predominantly Far East, India, Turkey, Europe.
- Carry out booking procedures accurately, with a ‘right first time’ attitude, to ensure customers receive a high-quality service.
- Handling of Import processes and have confidence to offer guidance to clients accordingly.
- Where appropriate, collect payment from clients without credit terms in place.
- Obtaining, checking, and preparing documentation to meet customs requirements
- Previous experience within an Import Forwarding role, preferably including Customs experience.
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience of Cargowise One (CW1) preferred
- Adaptable to new working practices and embracing of Company Operating Systems and procedures.
- Confident communicator with good organisational skills
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays excluding Bank Holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk