About the Company
One of the UK’s leading independent shipping and logistics providers, trusted by some of the world’s leading companies, John Good Logistics provide freight forwarding by sea, air and road, warehousing, distribution, end-to-end supply chain management, plus liner and port agency services.
John Good Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Good Group – a leading family-owned shipping, third party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider. A key player since 1833, The Good family remain actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has been ranked for the last 3 years as one of fastest growing private companies by the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
Working within 3PL provider John Good Logistics, as part of a team to cater for expansion due to Brexit and the associated increase in customs clearance volumes.
Experience of working in Freight forwarding is desirable but not essential as full training will be given, this is an excellent opportunity for motivated and diligent individuals.
- Import / Export Controllers are required to input Customs Entries via Operating systems for cargo arriving and leaving through UK ports.
- This includes all aspects of Import & Export customs procedures and regulations, working with customers, colleagues and external authorities including HMRC and Border Force.
- Ensure all invoicing (notably VAT and Duty invoices) is completed in a timely manner
- Refer any complex issues or requests to your Supervisor / Line manager.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (word and excel)
- Excellent numerical and administration skills
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment preferred
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays excl. Bank Holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk