About the Company
The John Good Group is one of the UK’s leading independent family owned shipping, logistics and corporate travel providers. A key player in the shipping and travel industries since 1833, John Good is the third-party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider of choice to the SME sector. The John Good family remains actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has recently been ranked 16 out of 200 of the highest performing private companies based on international growth in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
We have a new opportunity for an Import Operator to join our expanding team in NVO Consolidation, a company that connects continents by offering weekly import and export consolidation services to and from all major countries throughout the world – specialising in part load container services, ocean freight, rail freight, distribution and customs.
- Liaising with both customers & overseas agents
- General import enquiries (i.e. providing arrival details, handling split requests etc)
- Quoting for and also arranging customs clearance and delivery
- Handling invoice queries
- Creating container load plans within CargoWise
- Handling Outturn Reports
- Handling FCL’s
- Arranging Releases
- Raising Invoices and collecting any outstanding monies
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience of Cargowise One (CW1) preferred
- Previous experience within an Import operator role
- Adaptable to new working practices and embracing of company operating systems and procedures.
- Confident communicator with good organisational skills
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days Holidays excluding Bank Holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV to HR@johngood.co.uk