About the Company
One of the UK’s leading independent shipping and logistics providers, trusted by some of the world’s leading companies, Good Logistics provide freight forwarding by sea, air and road, warehousing, distribution, end-to-end supply chain management, plus liner and port agency services.
Good Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The John Good Group – a leading family-owned shipping, third party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider. A key player since 1833, The Good family remain actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has been ranked for the last 3 years as one of fastest-growing private companies by the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
The role of the Marketing Co-ordinator will be varied and evolve over time, giving the successful applicant a great opportunity to develop whilst playing a key part in the growth of our business.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director and supported by the Internal Communications Officer, you will play a central role within the Good Logistics sales and marketing activities and be responsible for pulling all our marketing efforts together.
- Manage company websites, working closely with our website provider as required to deliver improvements and keep websites up to date, including building and editing web pages using WordPress
- Manage our content and social media calendar
- Creation of regular content that will be used across email, social and web platforms
- Visual design including social media, email imagery and presentation creation – all consistent with our established brand identity
- Copywrite web pages, blog, resources, email, social, press releases and print
- Ensure the website is optimised in our target markets via SEO, Google Analytics or other such tools as required – working closely with our SEO provider
- Proactively seek opportunities that improve website user engagement and experience
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines and advise the business to ensure brand consistency and clarity
- Compile marketing lists using CMS and other databases
- Help develop and deliver marketing campaigns in line with sales activities
- Act as a point of contact for all internal and external marketing queries
- A dynamic and creative individual who is looking to establish and grow their career
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good familiarity with websites, email marketing and social media channels
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- A go-getter and team player
- Proactive and innovative with a professional attitude and approach
- Passionate about marketing and communications
Ideal but not essential
- Experience in a marketing or communications role
- Knowledge of or experience in the logistics industry
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 25 days holidays excluding bank holidays
- Excellent remuneration
- Health cash plan and retail discounts (after probation)
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk