About the Company
Based in Hull and Immingham, DAN Shipping is one of the UK’s leading independent ship agents and shipbrokers. Their in-depth local knowledge and understanding of the shipping world ensures they provide high quality, cost-effective ship agency, chartering and logistics services at ports across the UK.
DAN Shipping is a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Good Group – one of the UK’s leading independent family-owned shipping, third party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel providers. A key player since 1833, The Good family remain actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has been ranked for the last 3 years as one of fastest growing private companies by the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
Assist the agency team in day-to-day ship’s agency operations, you will also offer efficient and effective service to all customers both internal and external.
The role holder will be based in our Hull office, working in a team of 9 people across our Hull and Immingham office.
- Boarding Vessels
- Customs Documentation (report/clearing vessel)
- Assist Master with day/day requirements doctors, dentists, provisions etc.
- Contact with port authority for berthing schedule.
- Stevedores’ daily updates – discharge/loading prospects
- Planning time to ensure highest level of service to vessels/customers active role in local maritime industry active interest in Group initiatives.
- Able to function effectively whilst under pressure.
- Flexibility regarding working hours.
- Duties – team focussed.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
- Previous experience of working in a shipping agency/forwarding environment is not essential as training will be given.
- Ability to drive and hold valid (full) licence is essential as frequent travel between sites and vessels will be required.
- Flexible working hours
- Car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holidays excluding bank holidays
- Excellent remuneration
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk