About the Company
One of the UK’s leading independent shipping and logistics providers, trusted by some of the world’s leading companies, Good Logistics provide freight forwarding by sea, air and road, warehousing, distribution, end-to-end supply chain management, plus liner and port agency services.
Good Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Good Group – a leading family-owned shipping, third party logistics (3PL) and corporate travel provider. A key player since 1833, The Good family remain actively involved in the business ensuring that the family heritage, values and history sit firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Having experienced significant, continuous growth over the past 15 years, the John Good Group has been ranked for the last 3 years as one of fastest growing private companies by the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
About the Role
Working in a busy 24hr warehouse, you will be working within a team up to 10 warehouse operatives, you will be responsible for receiving goods in, storage and preparing orders to go out. You will report directly into a warehouse supervisor and will be required to work in accordance with the hours stipulated in your contract of employment.
You will be part of a team of warehouse operatives reporting directly into a Warehouse Supervisor. You will play a pivotal role in the warehouse operation, championing safety and quality as part of your role. Representing John Good Logistics at the forefront of our Felixstowe & Ipswich warehousing operation, facing client hauliers and occasional client visitors. It is vital you represent the company in a positive, professional manner at all times.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 5.00pm
- Picking and packing orders.
- Loading and unloading of containers, stock and deliveries.
- Checking off stock, unpacking stock and restocking shelves
- Updating IT systems to ensure accurate stock control.
- Ensure all health and safety regulations within the company are adhered to.
- Maintaining a neat and tidy work area.
- Picking, packing, and shipping customer orders.
- All duties to be undertaken with reference to Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) procedures and work instructions.
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
- Although it is not essential, if you have experience of working in a warehouse environment.
- Read and write in English.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diligent and punctual.
- Competitive rate of pay for the right candidate
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- Health cash plan and retail discounts (after probation)
How to apply
To apply, please email us your CV, with a covering letter to HR@johngood.co.uk or apply online at https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-628900