Rachel Lowe, our Chief People Officer, has some expert advice for when you’re attending a job interview at John Good Group:
- Before sending us your CV, ensure that you have tailored it for the role and keep a copy of the advert.
- Ensure you have proofread for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Think about the email address you are wanting us to reply to. If you are flufffypinkbunny or hotstuff99, what first impression could this conjure up?
- If you are asked to attend an interview, research the company and the person interviewing you and think of any questions you would like to ask.
- Before the interview, test drive the journey to the location or work out the bus routes.
- Consider your interview attire – remember that first impressions count.
- Arrive 10 minutes before the interview and remember the name of the person who is interviewing you.
- Relax, enjoy, and be your authentic self.
- At the end of the interview, thank the interviewer for their time.
- If you can’t make it, please do let the interviewer or hiring team know as soon as possible. Remember, they have taken time out of their schedules to meet with you.