Corporate Social Responsibility
Our values are at the heart of everything we do
The John Good Group embraces its responsibility to its employees, its business partners, customers, the workplace and the environment and communities in which we live.
As a family-owned business dating back to 1833, our heritage and values are integral to our day to day business activities and drives our commitment to our Corporate Social Responsibilities.
Looking after our people
Our knowledgeable and dedicated people are what make us who we are – so we do everything we can to make the John Good Group a great place to work, with excellent career opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. Our people strategy ensures:
- We attract, identify, develop and retain high performing individuals
- We build on the capability and quality of our people, managers and leaders
- We embed our culture and values at the heart of everything we do
- We develop a programme of competitive rewards and benefits
- HR and Health and Safety is at the core of our business
Our responsibility to our environment
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact as an integral part of our business strategy. We continually monitor and improve performance, increase employee awareness and training, and continue to invest in initiatives such as:
- Renewable energy (solar energy at our Head Office)
- Electric vehicle charging points in our head office car parks
- Waste reduction initiatives and recycling
- Sustainable procurement, such as replacing Euro 5 trucks with Euro 6 models
We also work with our customers to help them reduce the environmental impact of their travel and logistics requirements through reporting, carbon offsetting and promoting alternative solutions.
Taking care of our communities
We put an increasing percentage of our profits into our foundation every year, to support employees and their immediate family in charitable and community work, fund-raising and supporting positive projects in the community. Since its formation, the Matthew Good Foundation has donated more than £450,000 to charitable causes so far, with a record £85,000 in 2020.